This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Eye Of The Shrimptigers 20g

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Kyalgae, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Greggz

Greggz Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    5:17 AM
    Beautiful as usual and very nicely presented.

Kyalgae likes this.
  2. Kyalgae

Kyalgae Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    12:17 AM
    It's been quite a while since my last entry. 11 months! After that last update life got pretty hairy, and I left the tank to do its thing. I kept the CO2 on, and topped it up with water, but I did no other maintenance of any kind. I took these photos 8 months later in December 2018. My tank felt like it was 90% plant matter, and it was so crowded in there the plants were coming out the top and flowering. It was interesting to see the tops die off as they slowly emerged into the air, and then month's later watching the stems change form and grow taller into the air. The most interesting thing was how the moss grew out. Overtime, with the gradual decrease/increase in water level, it managed to grow into a very thick dense disc at the waters surface, completely blocking the light immediately below it. It was so solid I could have probably used it like a frisbee.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Since then I have the tank almost entirely cleaned up, but I am back on the regular amounts of fertilizers/CO2, and I will update when things look a little more together. Uhg, the only thing I'm not looking forward to is re-tying all that moss to the individual branches, I may get some bucephalandras to fill out the wood instead, we'll see.

Phishless and DeepMetropolis like this.
  3. DeepMetropolis

Local Time:
    6:17 AM
    Even overgrown your plants look healty.