This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

External reactor = More dust?

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by jonny_ftm, Jun 19, 2009.

1. jonny_ftm

jonny_ftm Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    5:44 PM
    Hi,

Since I begun using the AM1000, I notice more dust fine particles depositing on the leaves. I suspect the dust accumulates in the AM bioballs and is than rejected in the tank. Anyone with external reactor confirm this issue and how I could solve it?

Having to move the leaves every other day is getting annoying really

Many thanks for helping me

2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    Give it a good shake every so often, prefilter the water prior. Rinse with Excel, Bleach and clean every so often, etc.

Regards,
    Tom Barr

3. jonny_ftm

jonny_ftm Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Thanks for confirming it,

I thought it was some put and forget it thing. Finally only a myst system would really be low maintenance. Removing the AM1000 every so often is kinda pain in the a** unless I install some inline shut-off taps. I'll look at some hose clamps maybe to do it easily

Thank you again