This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

External Co2 Reactor

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ethyn Koen, May 23, 2019.

1. Ethyn Koen

Ethyn Koen New Member

Local Time:
    12:01 AM
    Hi everyone
    I know this is a topic that has been discussed quite intensely on this site and on others but I've only really seen DIY projects. So I decided to play around with some ideas. This is very rough and incomplete.
    So the goal is to get as close to 100% diffusion as rapidly as possible. As you can see it's a pretty standard reactor. However I was thinking about using a venturi to introduce the CO2 into the water just before the reactor with the burp valve running back via a T to the venturi creating a loop so that nothing is wasted. In my mind this should increase the rate of diffusion in the reactor. In the case of this not working as I though there are the options of an impella in the reactor or bio balls.
    Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated. CO2_LI.jpg

CO2_LI.jpg