This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Estimative Index Dosers.

Discussion in 'Planted Aquarium Fertilizer' started by Julia Adkins, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Julia Adkins

Julia Adkins aquariumfertilizer.com
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    2:40 AM
    Hello EI system people. I have an opportunity to make available to customers of aquariumfertilizer.com sets of measuring spoons specifically for dry dosing tanks. These are available in sets for 10, 20, 29, 40, 55, 75, 90, 125 gallon tanks for the nutrients. Each set includes 5 spoons - CSM+B, K2SO4, KNO3, KH2PO4, and GH booster. Is there an interest in these spoon sets? How many people would be interested? Is this a product I should carry in my inventory? Thank you all for your thoughtful consideration and feedback.

2. Greggz

Greggz Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Julie if only it were that easy. Follow the recipe and plants grow perfectly.

I keep track of all of my dosing. Rarely has it been strictly at EI levels.

And if someone can't figure out how to measure ferts, they are probably in the wrong hobby.

Don't mean to throw cold water on it but it seems like a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

3. Phishless

Phishless Lifetime Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    9:40 PM
    Sets of spoons that are fractional would be a better sell than by the gallon I reckon.

4. Julia Adkins

Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    The spoon sets are for the amount of gallons; as in, if you have this many gallons in your tank and you have the spoons for that many gallon tank, you just scoop the spoon for that nutrient and put it in. Anybody else think this is just another gadget to have and not really useful? Thanks for your feedback.

5. Kyalgae

Kyalgae Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    9:40 PM
    I had a really hard time finding measuring spoons in the 1/64, 1/32, and 1/16. If you sold some nice measuring spoons I would have bought them from you back then.

I spent $50 bucks on a set from 2 tablespoons to 1/64. Just couldn’t find them easily.

#5 Kyalgae, Apr 21, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    Phishless likes this.
  6. Julia Adkins

Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Thanks Kaylgae. I have an offer for measuring spoon sets. I am wondering whether to stock a few for different tank sizes and see if there is any interest. But I don't want to just have them if no one has an interest.

7. easternlethal

easternlethal Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    hi Julie - I think that most ppl who use EI like to tinker so such spoons will not help there. But then again your mixes also have this problem but you seem to be selling them quite well - so maybe people who buy your mixes will use them.

Have you considered stocking things like weighing scales, unchelated micros, urea and sodium thiosulphate? I think that if you made up a bumper pack with separate macros, micros, weighing scales, bottles and syringes it would sell quite well. But you would probably know better.