Estimative Index Dosers.

Julia Adkins

aquariumfertilizer.com
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2015
Napa, California
www.aquariumfertilizer.com
Hello EI system people. I have an opportunity to make available to customers of aquariumfertilizer.com sets of measuring spoons specifically for dry dosing tanks. These are available in sets for 10, 20, 29, 40, 55, 75, 90, 125 gallon tanks for the nutrients. Each set includes 5 spoons - CSM+B, K2SO4, KNO3, KH2PO4, and GH booster. Is there an interest in these spoon sets? How many people would be interested? Is this a product I should carry in my inventory? Thank you all for your thoughtful consideration and feedback.

Greggz

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2016
Julie if only it were that easy. Follow the recipe and plants grow perfectly.

I keep track of all of my dosing. Rarely has it been strictly at EI levels.

And if someone can't figure out how to measure ferts, they are probably in the wrong hobby.

Don't mean to throw cold water on it but it seems like a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Julia Adkins

aquariumfertilizer.com
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2015
Napa, California
The spoon sets are for the amount of gallons; as in, if you have this many gallons in your tank and you have the spoons for that many gallon tank, you just scoop the spoon for that nutrient and put it in. Anybody else think this is just another gadget to have and not really useful? Thanks for your feedback.

Kyalgae

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2016
Canada
I had a really hard time finding measuring spoons in the 1/64, 1/32, and 1/16. If you sold some nice measuring spoons I would have bought them from you back then.

I spent $50 bucks on a set from 2 tablespoons to 1/64. Just couldn’t find them easily.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phishless

Julia Adkins

aquariumfertilizer.com
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2015
Napa, California
Thanks Kaylgae. I have an offer for measuring spoon sets. I am wondering whether to stock a few for different tank sizes and see if there is any interest. But I don't want to just have them if no one has an interest.

easternlethal

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Dec 26, 2014
Hong Kong
hi Julie - I think that most ppl who use EI like to tinker so such spoons will not help there. But then again your mixes also have this problem but you seem to be selling them quite well - so maybe people who buy your mixes will use them.

Have you considered stocking things like weighing scales, unchelated micros, urea and sodium thiosulphate? I think that if you made up a bumper pack with separate macros, micros, weighing scales, bottles and syringes it would sell quite well. But you would probably know better.