Engleski jezik

Cukarac

Dec 4, 2021
Serbia
If KH2PO4 added 1.86 g to a 50ml container I would get PO4 0.42ppm, K 0.54ppm. KNO3 12.23g I would get NO3 7.5ppm, N 1.69ppm, K 4.73ppm. K2SO4 4.97g I would get K 2. 23ppm, S 0. 91ppm. MgSO4 * 7H2O 50.7g I would get Mg 5ppm, S 6.6ppm, dGH 1.15. So each salt in a 50ml container. I calculated this to dose 1ml per 20l aquarium. The question is the following, if I combined all four solutions into one, I would get 200 ml of solution. The question is as follows. How many ml of this combined solution should be dosed for 20 l of aquarium according to the EI system. Please help me and thanks in advance.

Lmuhlen

Jan 20, 2021
Brazil
If you simply add all the salts and form a 50ml solution with everything, you would need to dose the same as you dose today (1ml per 20L). If you would add all the same salts to form a more dilluted solution (200ml), then you would need to dose 4 times more (4ml per 20L). I didn't run the numbers you provided to compare to EI standard, I just followed what you already said was the proper dosage.

Just remember that you are not supposed to add the salts AND 50ml of water. You need to add the salts and then enough water to reach 50ml of solution. When adding salts to water, they increase the volume of the solution, so you always need to add less water than the final volume.

Reactions: Cukarac

Cukarac

Dec 4, 2021
Serbia
If you simply add all the salts and form a 50ml solution with everything, you would need to dose the same as you dose today (1ml per 20L). If you would add all the same salts to form a more dilluted solution (200ml), then you would need to dose 4 times more (4ml per 20L). I didn't run the numbers you provided to compare to EI standard, I just followed what you already said was the proper dosage.

Just remember that you are not supposed to add the salts AND 50ml of water. You need to add the salts and then enough water to reach 50ml of solution. When adding salts to water, they increase the volume of the solution, so you always need to add less water than the final volume.
Thank you very much