This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

emmersed growing

Discussion in 'Talk to Tom Barr' started by crystalview, May 17, 2009.

1. crystalview

crystalview Guru Class Expert

I think I saw some emmersed plants growing on you back steps. I just got Tricho and Star moss and want to get it to grow that way. Any idea's? Maybe in a small container but in the sun or not? if indoor with a light, heater or what. Thanks Marica

2. crystalview

crystalview Guru Class Expert

I am just starting to reading your "New method (?) to start..
    Ok with all that I just read I don’t remember seeing a heat index for the closed or semi closed units. In weather like now wouldn’t the plants cook? Should I leave them in the house? Which is about 75. Can I use window light that is very bright but not direct? Or would I need morning sun at least?
    Is Tricho L. and Star moss in need of their leaves covered slightly like they were in nature? Could I use the ADA AS soil (if I can find some)? Or could I use my non coated gravel and nutrient like you state for hydroponics? I am not sure what I am doing with these plants I just want to see them grow for now. I am just playing. I got a slight amount of UG from someone and it was lime green and I could not tell the roots from the tips. I would like to grow a small batch of this. If I can find it again.
    Can these plants be contained in a ring of something so they don’t spread to far? Well I ask more later probably. On page 7