emerse HC newbi

inkslinger

Guru Class Expert
Dec 15, 2007
what is the best way to grow HC , i have started 2 bowls with SMS its been 2 weeks and they look to be dying instead , they set in my my 110g tank witch is dry , glass cover and 108w t5 ho 5hr, i want to grow it frist before i add water to my tank witch i just redid my aquatic scape and added SMS , now i'm waiting on some parts before i add water and plants

inkslinger

Guru Class Expert
Dec 15, 2007
hey thanks tom that was a good forum , so should i turn on my other t5 ho's to get the humidity up , right now all i have on is 1 pair of 54w each {108w} ,i still have 2 more pairs that i don't have plug in at this time and i also put saran wrap on the bowls too to see if this will help {i do see a couple of drops of water on top of the saran wrap that is all}if not i will go to LFS and get so more HC and just plant them in the tank an put on all my lights :eek:

inkslinger

Guru Class Expert
Dec 15, 2007
will its been 4 weeks an nothing is going on in fact it looks like my plants died , i add another 108ws so now have 216w on for 7 hr,i also added saran wrap over the bows , should i add frets to my SMS i was thinking of getting a couple of more pots of HC and just plant them in my tank i have a 3 inch front to slope 6-7 inches to the rear, i just want to get the front and center to grow , how do i go about adding frets to the SMS , i do have dry frets CSM+b, Iron, Kno3, K2So4 how much do i need to charge my SMS, should i add plant tabs or lat rite