This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

emerse HC newbi

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by inkslinger, Jan 6, 2008.

1. inkslinger

inkslinger Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    2:07 AM
    what is the best way to grow HC , i have started 2 bowls with SMS its been 2 weeks and they look to be dying instead , they set in my my 110g tank witch is dry , glass cover and 108w t5 ho 5hr, i want to grow it frist before i add water to my tank witch i just redid my aquatic scape and added SMS , now i'm waiting on some parts before i add water and plants

2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
  3. inkslinger

Local Time:
    hey thanks tom that was a good forum , so should i turn on my other t5 ho's to get the humidity up , right now all i have on is 1 pair of 54w each {108w} ,i still have 2 more pairs that i don't have plug in at this time and i also put saran wrap on the bowls too to see if this will help {i do see a couple of drops of water on top of the saran wrap that is all}if not i will go to LFS and get so more HC and just plant them in the tank an put on all my lights :eek:

4. inkslinger

Local Time:
    will its been 4 weeks an nothing is going on in fact it looks like my plants died , i add another 108ws so now have 216w on for 7 hr,i also added saran wrap over the bows , should i add frets to my SMS i was thinking of getting a couple of more pots of HC and just plant them in my tank i have a 3 inch front to slope 6-7 inches to the rear, i just want to get the front and center to grow , how do i go about adding frets to the SMS , i do have dry frets CSM+b, Iron, Kno3, K2So4 how much do i need to charge my SMS, should i add plant tabs or lat rite