This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Support us by upgrading to the lifetime advertisement free version.

Click here for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Emerged Plant Deficiency Diagnosis

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by Andy the minion, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Andy the minion

Andy the minion Junior Poster

Local Time:
    9:44 PM
    Could somebody have a look at the bleaching on the prayer plant leaf please? I suspect there is a deficiency as we are have very soft water (KH and GH) I do know there is non soluble iron in the supply as we were getting brown stained water at times until I put a 10, 5 and 1um filter in the supply. I add Easylife Profito as recommended and the tank below is well stocked with fish, Nitrates at 20-30ppm. Not shown very well but the ‘lucky bamboo’ is also showing some gentle yellowing, however the Pothos is growing like a weed as it probably is.
    Any suggestions gratefully received.
    Regards,
    AtM

1D31A679-5791-49CC-A53E-975D45C45A2B.jpeg

24A914CE-B03C-4AE9-8F7D-CEC7596F75F7.jpeg

2. Allwissend

Allwissend Article Editor
    Staff Member Lifetime Member Article Editor

Local Time:
    10:44 PM
    Is that a prayer plant? I thought the leaves looked very different. If it's an old leaf and your GH is low, Mg deficiency would be the prime suspect. You also mention you believe you have enough nitrogen.

You can add Magnesium from Epsom Salt, MgSO4*7H2O. 3-5mg/L Mg are enough. Use the rotalabutterfly.com calculator to figure out how much to add to get in that range.

3. Andy the minion

Andy the minion Junior Poster

Local Time:
    9:44 PM
    You are right ! It's a peace lily :) Thanks I will have a look at the calculator