This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Electronic CO2 Regulator

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by ricoishere, Jan 18, 2010.

1. ricoishere

ricoishere Junior Poster

Local Time:
    9:40 AM
    #1 ricoishere, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2010
  2. oheresy

oheresy Junior Poster

Local Time:
    I have the LED one. I absolutely LOVE it.

3. jonny_ftm

jonny_ftm Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    There was a debate once here about this prduct. I don't remember where, but now, search function is broken for old posts sadely :-(

I won't recommend this one, better stick with a dual stage + good needle valve. This electronic device is based on speed of membrane to shut-open. When pressure will change, as they claim, speed will be the same, but definately, CO2 flow will change. Number of drops won't change, but probably their size, because of changes in flow.

I don't think they implemented a dual stage build for pressure compensation because the regulator is too small. If they did, it would then be a nice product to replace needle valve and bubble counter.

I emailed them with this issue and they never answered me.

Let you decide... but this product, in my opinion, will only solve the appearence: a constant bubble number but not a really constant flow as dual stage regulators

4. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    See Left C's thread on dual stage regs, for $, hard to beat what you get.
    I tend to suggest DIY for things except in rare cases.

Regards,
    Tom Barr