This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

Elatine sp "Yuba"

Discussion in 'Advanced Strategies and Fertilization' started by Tom Barr, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator Social Group Admin

Well, as I was killing some weeds in a canal the other day up in Yuba county in the Sierra foothills, I noticed some Glossostigma looking ground cover growing in the clear fast flowing canal in permantly submersed conditions.

It looks a lot like HC. It has spread since I first spotted it and I brought back a lot this time. We are killing most everything in this Hydrilla infested canal and this plant is at the very end of a 3.5 mile section. The canal is only 1 meter wide and perhaps 20 cm deep. Amazing plant growth though. 6 different species all doing extremely well.

It has an almost metallic green color in the sunlight.
    Very neat little new foreground plant.
    It has done well in acclimating to my tanks and looks to be a nice new foreground plant that forms nice tight ground cover.

It was only 1/2" max height in the canal.

Regards,
    Tom Barr

wwww.BarrReport.com

2. Safado

Safado Junior Poster

Re: Elatine sp "Yuba"

I would love to see some pics of this plant!

3. reiverix

reiverix Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

I could take some pics and post them if I had a sample. ;)

4. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator Social Group Admin

I can assure you, it's a neat little plant, it has different leaves than HC and other foregrounds.

Regards,
    Tom Barr