This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

EI with Seachem Flourish/Trace

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by rthomas, Oct 7, 2010.

1. rthomas

rthomas Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    1:25 AM
    Hi,
    I have just (heavily) planted my 120g (450L) tank. Substrate is Master Soil, CO2 injection and 432 total watts from 8 x 54 watts T5HO tubes. Photoperiod is 6 hours.

I am going with EI method for NPK (KNO3 and KH2PO4), along with Seachem Flourish and Seachem Flourish Trace for the trace.

Q1. Should I start dosing immediately? Or should I start after 8 weeks ? (Ottos to be added after 2 weeks)

Q2. Do I have to add CaSO4 and MgSO4 separately, since they are already present in Flourish?

Q3. Since I will be using both Flourish and Flourish Trace, does this looks good? Or should I be okay by only using Flourish alone?

Sun - 50% wc, NPK ( add CaSO4 and MgSO4 ? )
    Mon - Flourish
    Tue - NPK
    Wed - Flourish Trace
    Thu - NPK
    Fri - Flourish
    Sat

Please advise. TIA.

#1 rthomas, Oct 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2010
  2. dutchy

dutchy Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Hi Roger,

You can start to dose immediately, don't wait until deficiencies show up. If your adding Flourish according to the recommended dosage, I wouldn't add anything extra, unless your tap water is very low on these micro's.

What I'm noticing is that you use 432 Watts on a 120 gallon with only 6 hours of photoperiod. I think you have way to much light. You could do with just 3 54 Watt bulb an still grow every plant you want. I'm using 250 Watts on a 180 gallon and a 10 hour photoperiod (more viewing time) That much light will make your tank very difficult to manage, especially considering CO2, it might even be impossible. Algae will take advantage of that.

Consider.

regards,
    dutchy

3. rthomas

rthomas Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Hi Dutchy,
    Thank you for your comment. Something to think about...