This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

EI for my tank

Discussion in 'Estimative Index' started by crystalview, Mar 27, 2009.

1. crystalview

crystalview Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    5:01 AM
    I just read all the EI "sticky's" and confused myself. I have a low light 2wpg (getting PAR next week will know more) on my 45g. I want to use EI starting today. I am out of most of the Seachem's micro and macs. I will use Excel daily. Of the chems used below are there ones that should not be mixed? I want to place the fertz in the daily/week pill holders. Can I try the dosage below for my tank or should I reduce the amounts of each? I also don't think I need GH booster so is that ok?
    In a month or so I plant on switching to a 67g with the same light and excel. So I assume that I will need to move up to the next chart (60-80) on dosing? I like the daily dose regime and then nothing on Sunday except WC 50%. Can this be done dry instead of liquid you mention?

40-60 Gallon Aquariums
    +/- 1/2 tsp KN03 3x a week
    +/- 1/8 tsp KH2P04 3x a week
    +/- 1/8 (10ml) Trace Elements 3x a week
    50% weekly water change

2. crystalview

crystalview Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    5:01 AM
    Ok is this right

45g

1/4 teaspoon of KNO3 3-4x a week (every other day)
    1/16th teaspoon of KH2PO4 3-4x a week (every other day)
    Traces added on off days as the macro nutrients, so 3x a week,
    Excel daily

UsingToms "Non CO2" method it seems to use about half the dosage of regular EI with CO2