Tom Barr said:I can dose a planted tank without using a pH/KH test method also, so can Amano.
As long as I have some way to see the rate of dosing, say a bubble rate, I can get a rough target and then tweak without ever using a kit.
Sort of EI for CO2.
The important steps are:
1. Add CO2 only when you need it
2. Add it slowly over the course of several days between each bubble rate increase,watch fish etc.
3. BACK OFF when fish are at the surface in the AM.
4. Make sure there is moderate surface movement.
5. Make sure there is high plant biomass
Tom, you brought up the EI method for CO2 dosing at APC which got me thinking. Isn't it a tad too late if the critters were at the surface gasping for air when we should have notice heavy breathing of fish before that?