This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

EI for a heavily planted 210 gal discus tank

Discussion in 'Talk to Tom Barr' started by andye, Oct 29, 2008.

1. andye

andye Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    1:39 AM
    Hi,

I have a heavily planted 210 gallon tank with 10 4" discus. ADA aquasoil AM II, 3X150 watt hqi (ada amano), CO2, and 50% water changer per week. I feed frozen beefheart (morning), bloodworms (evening) and some flake (during the day). I have added fast growing stem plants to some Amazon Swords. What would you recommend for dosing EI?

Thanks,

Andy

2. andye

andye Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3. scottward

scottward Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Couldn't you just take the dosing for a 50g tank and multiply by 4? I have a 100g tank and am working on improving the distribution of CO2 throughout my tank. With a 200g tank, I'm guessing that you might have some problems getting CO2 evenly distributed through the tank - you'd need good circulation.

4. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    I'd set the light at about 14" inches.
    You could run a little less EI, say 2/3-1/2 the dosing amount(1 table spoon vs 2 teaspoons etc).

I'd suggest some other species of plants beside stem plants. Perhaps filling in some darker spaces with Narrow leaf java ferns, windolov etc, Anubias, Bolbitus, tennellus for a foreground etc.........

Regards,
    Tom Barr