This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

EI Dosing on 16G Tank

Discussion in 'Talk to Tom Barr' started by PaulB, Feb 19, 2007.

1. PaulB

PaulB Subscriber

I have a 16g tank with a 55w AHS CF, Flourite substrate, pressurised Co2 via Tom's DIY internal reactor. I am currently dosing 1/8 tsp KNO3, 1/32 tsp KH2PO4 & 3ml Tropical plant nutrition liquid 3 time a week as per EI with a 50% weekly water change. Am i dosing enough macros & micros :confused: as i'm starting to see green spot algae appear on by glosso, crypts and anubias. Co2 comes on 1 hr before the light and is in the range of 25-30 ppm as indicated by a drop checker filled with a 4°Kh reference soluton.

2. VaughnH

VaughnH Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

When I had a 29 gallon tank, about twice the size of yours, I dosed 1/4 tsp of KNO3, but had to increase the dosage of KH2PO4 from 1/16 to 1/8 tsp to stop the GSA. This was GSA on the glass, not on leaves. You could try to double your KH2PO4 dosage and see if it helps. I'm now dosing 15 ml of Tropica plant nutrition liquid every other day in a 45 gallon tank, which would be 5 ml for a 16 gallon tank. So, either I am a bit high or you are a bit low. I went by the bottle directions in figuring out my dosage. (As I interpreted the directions.)

3. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator Social Group Admin

As long as the CO2 is good, then add more PO4 till it goes away.

Regards,
    /Tom Barr