This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

EI dosing, need evaluation

Discussion in 'Advanced Strategies and Fertilization' started by Skyfish, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Skyfish

Skyfish Prolific Poster

I’m on my 2nd week of the EI dosing and things are looking better then ever. I would like to write out my schedule and dosing just to get feedback if I am doing it right:

Tank is 80 Gallons with 368 Watts of NOFL, CO2 is between 25-30ppm, tank is heavily planted:

Friday – 50% water change
    1 Tspn KNO3
    ½ Tspn K2SO4
    PO4 - 2ml Fleet Enema (This gives 1ppm??)

Saturday – 10ml TMG

Sunday – Off

Monday
    1 Tspn KNO3
    ½ Tspn K2SO4
    PO4 - 2ml Fleet Enema

Tuesday – 10ml TMG

Wednesday – Off

Thursday
    1 Tspn KNO3
    ½ Tspn K2SO4
    PO4 - 2ml Fleet Enema

Friday – reset and dose.

I know I’m running short on the TMG dosing as per a 7 day schedule. Can I just increase the TMG to 15ml or simply just eliminate the day off’s?

I am not adding any extra iron. I have stock of Flourish Iron and Chelated Iron with traces. Can I add iron on top of the TMG?

I would appreciate suggestions, advise please.

Thanks in advance.

2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator Social Group Admin

Re: EI dosing, need evaluation

Only real changes:
    3/4 of the KNO3 instead of 1 teaspoon.
    15mls 3x a week of the TMG.

I do not use Fleet enema, but you can ask those that do what the ppm rate will be on the 80 gal(hint convert to liters=> 3.785 liter per gal then see how much the ditultion will be for the Fleet)

Regards,
    Tom Barr

3. Skyfish

Skyfish Prolific Poster

Re: EI dosing, need evaluation

TY Tom

Sorry for the delayed vote of thanks, I have had surgery and only just came out of the hospital.

I will do 15ml 3x a week, and reduce the KNO3 as per your suggestion. So far there has been no algae at all. I was wondering if I can forget the days off and reduce the nutrients slighty? I can only do water changes on Fridays preferably.