This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

ei dosing for hydroponics

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by ubr0ke, May 2, 2011.

1. ubr0ke

ubr0ke Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    12:07 AM
    Is there a dosing schedule like ei for a hydroponic garden? I wanted to grow bell peppers and I have a bunch of dry ferts that I would like to use but im not sure what to add or what ferts to even use. Anybody have any experience with hydroponic fertilizing??

2. Hallen

Hallen Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    At the place I work they use a way similar to hydrophonics to grow strawberries. A solution of ferts is used, pretty much CSM+B with NPK, each cycle 2/3% of the solution is added to the water which is being dripped to the plants. The number cycles is based on the weather, if it's hot and sunny we run more.

I have no idea how concentrated the dose is since it's based on conductivity using µS, I'd have to check how high it actually is at the moment.

3. ubr0ke

ubr0ke Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    I found a recipe for 1000L but im not sure if you are supposed add a little of the mixture to the water or if you the mixture for the water..if that makes sense

4. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    Hydroponics, search Hoagland's solution modified. Then also specific for the species of plant you wanna grow, it's about 5x more concentrated than EI.

You might not need to flush the system that often, just stick with the protocols listed for Hydropnics, there's a great deal more written specific to the plants you want to grow.

5. ubr0ke

ubr0ke Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    thank you sir..I'll do some exploring.