This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

EI dosing critical in first few weeks of planting?

Discussion in 'Aquatic Plant Fertilization' started by roryf, Nov 16, 2016.

1. roryf

roryf Junior Poster

Local Time:
    1:46 AM
    Hi,

I am about to plant my HC, Java Moss and Monte Carlo in my high tec setup. with Pressurised CO2, and ADA Amazonia as my substrate.

I plan on getting EI chemicals shortly, however the only website I can see that sells them is currently out of stock at the moment.

Will CO2 and the ferts in the ADA aquasoil be enough along with good LED lighting to get my HC and other plants to start carpeting / spreading?

Thanks!

2. Dennis Singh

Dennis Singh SynKing!

Local Time:
    5:46 PM
    U can get away with it the first month or almost 2, with new amazonia aquasoil

3. roryf

roryf Junior Poster

Local Time:
    oh thats good news!

I know im drifting off the dosing topic, however my LED's are programmable LED's designed for Marine tanks, however I can set them to a daylight function which is mostly white light and a very small amount of blue, the light level can be altered from 10% up to 100% in intervals of 10%. Will these lights be good enough to grow HC? they are pretty damn powerful at 100% so I was looking to tone it down to around 60-70% range.

Thanks for the reply.

4. Dennis Singh

Dennis Singh SynKing!

Local Time:
    5:46 PM
    Yeah they should be fine.

5. Pikez

Pikez Rotala Killer!
    Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    EI is not critical for the first few weeks, possibly months. You will start running out of potassium after a while.