This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

EI Dosing Confirmation

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by FullerGames, Apr 14, 2009.

1. FullerGames

FullerGames Junior Poster

Local Time:
    5:35 AM
    I've been searching around looking for information on EI dosing. I have come up with this regime for my tank - looking for confirmation. I have a 50 gallon tank with two 39 watt T5 HO Lights with an Ice Cap ballast, and single lamp reflectors. I use two bottles of DIY C02. I have two shop lights on the tank as well, which are T10, 30 watts each, 60 total. The lights are currently scheduled for:

Shop lights: 11 am ON
    TH HO lights: 12 am ON
    T5 HO lights: 6 pm OFF
    Shop lights: 7 pm OFF

Planned dosing regime:
    (I also use flourish root tabs)

Sunday:
    50% Water Change
    1/2 teaspoon of KNO3
    1/8th teaspoon of KH2PO4
    1/2 teaspoon of SeaChem Equilibirum

Monday:
    10ml of SeaChem Trace, 2ml of SeaChem Iron

Tuesday:
    Nothing

Wednesday:
    1/2 teaspoon of KNO3
    1/8th teaspoon of KH2PO4

Thursday:

Friday:
    Nothing

Saturday:

Other possibly useful tidbits:
    My 50 gal tank is home to 5 angel fish about 2 inches in size, and two looney sized ones. They are fed a standard 'cube' size of frozen food two to three times a day. I also have six otto cats, and I use flourish root tabs.

I am dosing macro's two times a week as I saw a post from Tom giving a similar regime to someone else with DIY C02. I figure if I had pressurized I would need to increase this. Is this regime okay? What changes do you suggest if any?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.