This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

eheim wet/dry conversion

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by rmwbrown, May 14, 2008.

1. rmwbrown

rmwbrown Junior Poster

Local Time:
    6:07 PM
    I just started out planting my first tank and i have now realized that my existing Eheim Wet/Dry is by no means the best option for this (even considering I'm trying the non CO2 method tom has mentioned in another post). Has anyone tired to convert a wet/dry over to a wet. Ie. change the media over and removing the Styrofoam cylinder to stop it from cycling?

Best, Robert

2. Carissa

Carissa Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    6:07 PM
    I'm not really sure why you would want to prevent the filter from cycling. Plants use ammonia as well as nitrite and nitrate. Having ammonia in a planted tank is a bad thing because it can trigger algae outbreaks, therefore having a good cycle (in most normally stocked tanks) is important to plant health. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what your reasoning is.