Ecotech Radion Xr15 G5

TheDrift

Jul 3, 2020
Australia
Is it possible to marine ecotech radion xr15 g5 pro for planted tank? Since they turn blue channel down. Only because they have 12 white led compare to 8 on g4. And better spread

Radion xr15 pro G5
(12 CoolWhite, 16 royal blue, 8 blue, 2 photo red, 3 green, 2 x uv, 2 uv, 2 Warmwhite, 2 luna. )

Radion xr15fw G4 (freshwater)
(8 CW, 7 WW, 4 red, 2 green, 2 blue)

rzn7z7

Subscriber
Feb 24, 2017
Maybe, but I'd be willing to bet they eventually roll out a G5 XR15 FW light, too, like they did for their G3 and G4 lights; for the G3 and G4 lights I think they rolled out the FW light several months after the marine lights and that could be the case here, too

Reactions: TheDrift

TheDrift

Jul 3, 2020
Australia
Thanks, that would be awesome. I have email them to see if they think G5 can use for planted tank FW. only because i see more White LED and layout of led will give broader light.

They reply can be used but not ideal. my new tank is a month away for delivery, and should be one month setting up and cycle.

I will wait and see then

thanks

jeffkrol

Jan 11, 2018
WI
Thanks, that would be awesome. I have email them to see if they think G5 can use for planted tank FW. only because i see more White LED and layout of led will give broader light.

They reply can be used but not ideal. my new tank is a month away for delivery, and should be one month setting up and cycle.

I will wait and see then

thanks

Well you have 10 channels..
FIRST make sure you are looking at the PRO version . JUST a reminder
Next can you live w/ sort of throwing away 24 (all royal, all blue though this is just one of many scenarios) diodes?
Round it to you really realistically using 1/2 its power though if you want.. ugly tank at full for non-viewing times..
Now if you like more blue it might not be all that bad.
Plants like blue photons..;)

Better off going w/ the AI Prime Freshwater..

Since Radion and AI are now one company I have a feeling that a Radion fw is not in the making..
Could be wrong. You have time.

jeffkrol

Jan 11, 2018
WI
FYI.. G5 now comes in a freshwater version.

Black spots are "missing" diodes that are filled in the saltwater versions.. 50 main diodes vs 46 in the fw version. Not counting moonlight diodes.
g5fresh.JPG