This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

EcoTech Radion question

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by BigSteely, Jan 10, 2017.

1. BigSteely

BigSteely Junior Poster

Local Time:
    2:10 PM
    Is it a bad idea to run a LED system designed for Saltwater on a Planted tank?

i have an extra set of Radion XR30wG3's from a reef tank i took down.

they are programmable to 6500K.

My tank is a 150 gallon Tall, with a good 30 inches to reach the bottom.

Currently using a Hamilton cebu-sun twin 175 watt metal halides with four 54 watt T5's.

Thanks....

2. rajkm

rajkm Article Editor
    Staff Member Lifetime Member Article Editor

Local Time:
    You could use them but do you think the PAR is enough once you program it to 6500K which will dim/turnoff some of the leds.

IMO, MH has a good spectrum and good coverage and along with T5 its a sweet setup but it also comes with cost and replacement headaches.

3. BigSteely

BigSteely Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Agree, the MH and T5 combo does seem to grow Plants well. I am sure i'll come up with another project for the Radions. Or trade them for a tank that doesn't require a snorkel to clean.