This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Echinodorus `tropica` nerve is becoming transparent... What could be the problem?

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by Gilles, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Gilles

Gilles Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    3:19 PM
    My Echinodorus 'tropica' is dying.
    http://www.aquapage.cz/Obrazky/Rostliny/7415.jpg

Symptons:
    The main leaf nerve is becoming transparent, starting at the base of the plant, extending to the edges of the leaves.

Anybody know what could be the cause?

2. Biollante

Biollante Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Nutrient Hog

Hi Gilles,

It appears to be iron deficiency. Echinodorus spp. are nutrient hogs and really like iron.

I cannot tell for sure in the photograph but if it is, the newer growth that is exhibiting the problem that helps suggest that it is iron or iron related. Manganese goes along with iron.

Iron and Manganese are immobile micronutrients so symptoms of these deficiencies appear only in new growth. :gw

It is always hard to diagnose plant deficiencies so in addition to the iron/Manganese be open to looking at all the basics.

I realize I tend to offend you, so I want you to know that no offense is intended. It is my best answer based on my experience. Certainly I am know expert. :eek:

Biollante

3. Gilles

Gilles Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Thanx for that, really appreciate that! On another forum (the pic is not mine) someone told me that echinodorus has that tendency with new growth. I add enough Flourish Iron to make my plants rust, so i hope it is just the plant, readjusting.