This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Easy way to enrich a substrate prior to setup

Discussion in 'Sediment / Substrate' started by DukeNJ, Jan 22, 2011.

1. DukeNJ

DukeNJ Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    5:22 PM
    Hi folks,

I'm about to rescape my 84g tank. I'm going to use eco-complete for the substrate. Why? Well, i have flourite in this tank and don't like it. I have AS in a nano and don't like it either because I always fiddle and find AS a nuisance to work with....plants always unroot, etc... One day, skills and patients permitting maybe again, but not this time.

I put eco in my daughters 33g and it was and remains very easy to work with and I like the look.

So, this rescape will use a lot of root feeders. I will add root tabs right away, but thought grinding them up and mixing them in would be a better jump start for the system. Then I though there may be something Easier like Osmocote or something.

I won't be boiling worm casings or anything like that...too little time for all but the simplest methods. Worst case i'll just add tabs, but thought I'd poll the experts for a fast, easy way to enrich that may be a little more effective short-term than tabs and capsules.

Thanks,
    AB

2. nipat

nipat Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    5:22 PM