Easy Life ProFito

Roman

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2005
Dragomelj, Slovenia (EU)
Anyone know this product?

I'm using TMG with great success, but it will run out soon. Now I'm in doubt which product to buy.
Since Tropica Plant Nutrition and Seachem Flourish are almost the same price I prefer Tropica Plant Nutrition with my hard water.
But... Easy Life ProFito is more than half price cheaper than Tropica Plant Nutrition.

yme

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2005
yes I know it. It is THE fertilizer in the Netherlands.
Many are very happy with this product.

Personally, I don't like it, just due to the fact that the don't mention what the ingredients are. After a lot of e-mailing, they told me the iron and magnesium concentration of profito (don't remember by heart, if you want I could look it up). really took a lot of effort!
Another thing is that profito tends to precipitate, so I wouldn't recommend it for automatic dosingpumps.

And just another reason for not using profito is that I dose EI and ask questions here :) . Since outside Holland not many know this product, I didn't get much response on questions like how much should I dose. Therefore, I now use TMG.

But all together: I believe it is a very good product.

greets,

yme

Roman

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2005
Dragomelj, Slovenia (EU)
I tried it and after using 2L of it I can say it's working just fine. I dosed same as TMG before it or a tad more and results are satisfying. TMG is maybe 5% better, but that's just my feeling. Can't really say for sure and as I said, results with ProFito are good enough to buy it again. For less than half price of TMG that's really no brainer :D

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
I think it may have the ETDA instead of the4 DTPA chelator if it precipitates easily.

ETDA is cheaper and works well.....if you have soft water...........
DTPA works better in hard tap water and last longer in both hard and soft water.
Fe gluconate works best in softer water.

There are a few more chelators but these are what is mainly used and of these, ETDA is by far the most common, sadly this includes marine tanks as well.

Regards,
Tom Barr

deep blue

Junior Poster
Feb 7, 2008
Easy Life have answerd me on my question what chelator they use:
NTA,ETDA,DTPA and HEEDTA(my water is on the end of the week brick read:mad: ).They also use vitamine C as anti-oxidant+anti-fungal compounds.