This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

For Sale: Easy-beginner Plants, 50+ Mixed Plants - $35 Shipped

Discussion in 'Trades, swaps, sales' started by fablau, Jul 10, 2017.

1. fablau

fablau rotalabutterfly.com
    Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    3:31 AM
    Also, for anyone else, if interested, here is the plants I still have available:

Alternanthera Reineckii
    Ambulia
    Ammannia Pedicellata Golden
    Anubias
    Bacopa Colorata
    Cabomba Furcata
    Ceratophillum
    Guppy Grass
    Helanthium bolivianum ‘angustifolia’
    Hygrophila Corymbosa
    Hygrophila Corymbosa Compacta
    Java Moss
    Limnophila Aromatica
    Lobelia Cardinalis
    Ludwigia Repens
    Montecarlo
    Pearlweed
    Rotala Gia Lai
    Rotala Nenjasan
    Rotala Rotundifolia
    Star Grass
    Staurogyne Repens

Please, PM me or post on this thread to get them.

Thanks!

Fab.

Jason Glowacki likes this.
  2. fablau

Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    This batch is sold. Next one in 2 weeks. Please, PM me or post on this thread if interested in the next one.

Thanks!

Fab.

3. Leesah

Leesah New Member

Local Time:
    6:31 AM
    I'm new but I'm interested because my stem plants all seem to be dying from the brown up so I need more.

4. fablau

Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    I am sorry about that. I may try to help with that as well. Please, tell me more about your situation.

And of course, I'll get in touch with you as soon as I have new plants available, most probably this weekend.

All the best,

Fab.

5. Leesah

Leesah New Member

Local Time:
    Thank you

6. Leesah

Leesah New Member

Local Time:
    For some reason it would not let me post, kept giving me a spam like message

7. Leesah

Leesah New Member

Local Time:
    I just purchased over $80 worth of plants within the last 3 weeks and they all are basically dead. Ludwigia repens, Perusis, Crypts, Java fern, Creeping Charlie, hygro compact, hygro willow, water wisteria, water sprite, Eldoea, Swords and a few others but nothing is doing well. I don't have any CO2 system but I does with API CO2 booster and Flourish Comprehensive but then I started using Easy Green from Aqua Co-op and everything just went down hill. I have two 6500k Phillips CFL light bulbs along with a LED hood light that has white and a few blue LED. My husband turn lights on at around 7 am and then turn off all but the blue night mode at 8pm and then I turn all lights off between 11-12am. I have a Marineland HOB, Marineland internal polishing filter, a SUNSUN 304B canister with UV light sterlizer and a Elheim 3 tray canister.

8. Leesah

Leesah New Member

Local Time:
    I have a 75gallon freshwater tank with no CO2 system . A bala shark, 6 danios and 9 tetras.

20200519_154456.jpg

20200519_154558.jpg

20200519_154637.jpg

9. Leesah

Leesah New Member

Local Time:
    Sorry Im a newbie so I'm just learning about planted tanks now. My husband wanted the black speckled gravel but the nitrates were always high so I decided to try some plants since everything I read said that plants would help put things in check. My PH is 7.2 but that is because I added a lot of baking soda to it because the guy at Petco said it was too acid. The tap water is 6.4, GH is very soft, Nitrite 0, Chlorine 0 and Nitrate 40-80ppm

10. fablau

Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    Oh dear... there's a lot to talk about! It's amazing how little algae you have in your tank considering what you have described and the number of plants you have.

For a low-tech tank like yours, I'd suggest this:

1. Leave the water as it is, don't add baking soda. Ph 6.4 is ok. Most plants actually prefer soft water than hard water (and that's going to be less work for you).

2. Nitrates are NOT a problem. Is the balance with other nutrients which will make something lacking for your plants. I'd suggest a more comprehensive fertilizer like Thrive for low-tech tanks, best for beginners: https://www.nilocg.com/shop/thrive-c/

3. You definitively need MORE plant mass. (I mean, more plants). That'll help to balance everything. You need to start with a good number of plants from the beginning.

4. How's your water change schedule? For a low-tech tank, I'd suggest sticking with 50-60% water change a month. I'd also make sure to use a comprehensive water conditioner like Prime (https://www.seachem.com/prime.php) after each water change which helps to keep too high traces at bay (in case you have too much of something in your tap)

5. How often do you clean your filters? Be sure to clean them on water change day.

6. I'd reduce the number of hours for light from your described 13 to just 8 hours a day. More than that is not actually needed. It is also possible your light is too powerful for a low-tech tank, but I'd just try to reduce the photoperiod first and you'll see.

From your pictures I see some bubbles going around: is that from an air pump? If so, I'd avoid that with plants in low-tech. Not of paramount importance, but without that, you could build up a little more Co2 from bacteria and fish that could help plants.

I'd also suggest opening a new thread on this forum to discuss your issues with the community. I am sure you'll get a lot of feedback and advice!

My best wishes for everything.

Fab.

11. Daku Aquatics

Daku Aquatics New Member

Local Time:
    Good Afternoon,

I am looking for a large clump of java moss. Do you have any available, and if so, what's the size/price/shipping?

Thanks!

12. fablau

Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    I am sorry, but at the moment I don't have enough Java moss to give away. Maybe in a few weeks, but it'll be a very small clump though. Sorry!

13. fablau

Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    New batch available:

Alternanthera Reineckii
    Ambulia
    Anubias
    Bacopa Colorata
    Ceratophillum
    Guppy Grass
    Helanthium bolivianum ‘angustifolia’
    Limnophila Aromatica
    Mermaid Weed
    Lobelia Cardinalis
    Ludwigia Repens
    Ludwigia Super Red
    Myriophyllum
    Montecarlo
    Pearlweed
    Rotala Rotundifolia
    Star Grass

And something more... $35 shipped.

Please, PM me or post on this thread if interested. Thanks.

Fab.

14. fablau

Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    This batch is sold. Next one in 2 weeks. Enjoy Memorial Day!

15. beltfed

beltfed Junior Poster

Local Time:
    11:31 AM
    next batch taken yet?

16. fablau

Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    Hi! The next batch will be ready the next weekend. If you are interested, I'll get in touch with you the next coming Saturday.

Thanks.

17. Terrance James

Terrance James New Member

Local Time:
    I’m planning a 45 g and will need a nice bunch of plants. How much notice do you need - seems like 2 week lead time? What would be shipping to 97701? Thanks

Tags: