Here's a few more:

55gal1resized.jpg

DSCN0230.JPG

DSCN0234.JPG

jason311

Junior Poster
Mar 7, 2007
Hi Tom,
I have some of this in my tank as well. It is just now starting to grow it's submersed leaves. I did have a question though,how do you get this stuff to spread?Do you just take cuttings off and plant them?

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
Easy, just top them, replant the tops and the leave the stumps with a couple of old leaves, they will form several new plantlets.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Crazy Loaches

Guru Class Expert
Nov 20, 2006
Ohio
How deep do these root? I ask because I am still thinking of trying a groundcovering plant with my clown loaches, and I figure its best to get a stong deep rooted ground convering plant, to make it less likely the clowns will stir them up.

jason311

Junior Poster
Mar 7, 2007
I have only had mine a short time.I bought it from the lfs and it had been grown emersed. It was in a 2 in pot that they use. Anyway I took it out of the pot and the main root was about 3 in long twisted around the inside of the pot. A little root bound I guess:) The roots will go very deep and get very big given time.

Crazy Loaches

Guru Class Expert
Nov 20, 2006
Ohio
Hmmm, that sounds promising Jason. Can anyone else attest to the durability of this plant? Think it would do OK with active bottom dwellers?

Crazy Loaches

Guru Class Expert
Nov 20, 2006
Ohio
Thats too bad Sherry, I thought BN's were good with planted tanks?

Anyhow, after some searching it seems like these guys are rare... havent found many places yet on the net that sells them. Anyone know of some places?

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
I keep BN's with this plant and have for several years.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Green Thumb Aquatics

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2011
I kept 2 different BN with this species and had no problem, also a ton of other barbs, tetras, killis, cichlids(discus, angel, rams)... never had a problem till I put some redline torpedo barbs, forget the latin p.. denisoni or something like that.. they ate them to the point where I had to move all of them out of the tank.., sad they are a nice little plant and at the time of of my favs..

TactusMortus

Junior Poster
Dec 5, 2011
What kind of water parameters does this plant do well in? As I had a nice stand of it growing in one of my tanks. Then I added co2 and changed nothing else and it quickly withered away. Up until then I had never found a plant that didn't like co2. I find it hard to believe it was the co2 that caused it but I just don't know what else it could have been.