This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Dwarf hairgrass turning yellow

Discussion in 'Aquatic Plant Species' started by Blackstar7, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Blackstar7

Blackstar7 New Member

Local Time:
    4:42 AM
    I planted DHG in about a week ago. It's sending out some runners but is also turning yellow-brown in some parts. Could this be due to the plant adjusting to my water parameters or is there some other cause for concern?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

2. Christophe

Christophe Subscriber
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    9:42 PM
    I think you should expect some of that as a phase over the first few weeks. The presence of runners is a good sign that things are adapting. Keep doing the good things, plenty of water changes early on, make sure nutrients are present, don't overdo the length or intensity of the photoperiod. Looks like it's coming along!

3. DutchMuch

DutchMuch Junior Poster

Local Time:
    9:42 PM
    As Chris said,
    I agree, its just having a bit of a melting stage since it was grown in a different environment.

4. Blackstar7

Blackstar7 New Member

Local Time:
    4:42 AM
    Thank you for the advice! 3 bps CO2, 6hr photoperiod, 30% biweekly water changes and weekly dosing of Seachem flourish, hope those will do just fine:)

5. Lovebug

Lovebug Member

Local Time:
    4:42 PM
    Mine is doing the same thing right now. Planted it a week and a half ago. The existing "leaves" are yellowing some, but I have a lot of new green growth at each plant and they're sending out runners. I'm chalking it up to the new environment for the plants. As long as you're getting spreading growth, things are good!