This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Dtpa Fe At 8.1 Ph

Discussion in 'Aquatic Plant Fertilization' started by Harris Tiu, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Harris Tiu

Harris Tiu New Member

Local Time:
    5:42 AM
    Happy Easter Everyone![​IMG],

I plan on starting to use Micronutrient fertilizer mix and dosing schedule will be classic EI on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

My Tank Parameters are 8.1 PH, 4 KH and 4 GH.

My current issue is that i need to use a mix with a chelator that is reasonably stable with my PH. What I mean is that i just want my plants to get enough Iron and other micros. I can accept that my situation is less than ideal and I cant get 100% chelator stability at 8.1 PH.

Most common chelator I find as dry ferts is EDTA which is stable up to 6.5 PH, therefore I might use DTPA which is stable up to 7.5 PH as it is closer to my 8.1 PH.

My 8.1 PH after 2 hours of CO2 injection will drop to a constant 7.1 PH at lights on.

With these conditions, can I have healthy amounts of Iron with my tanks with regular dosing? or would i need to double or triple the dose?

Thanks,
    -Harry