This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Dry Starting

Discussion in 'Emmersed / Wabi Kusa' started by Aleksei, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Aleksei

Aleksei New Member

Local Time:
    7:40 PM
    Hello!

I'm going to try dry starting my 60P tank, and I got Eleocharis Acicularis as my main plant, along with other plants. Among other plants are Anubias Nana, Kedagang Mini and Mini Pellia on Stainless Steel Mesh. I've noticed that lava rocks that I have for hardscape and that I plan on using as a support for the Buce and Anubias absorb moisture/dry too fast. Kongo driftwood that I have also dries fast, and I was planning on attaching Pellia to it. Does anyone have a suggestion on what I should do to make plants adapt to my fishtank? I had an idea of attaching some sort of absorbent material to the rock/driftwood where my plants are going to sit.

IMG_20180613_222459.jpg

2. Aleksei

Aleksei New Member

Local Time:
    7:40 PM
    So I decided to stop this dry start after reading Tom Barr's post about how I can achieve same results by using just CO2. I planted and flooded the tank right away instead. Main reason to do so was mold growing on the driftwood.