This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

drop checker

Discussion in 'Talk to Tom Barr' started by cazandchris, Nov 23, 2007.

1. cazandchris

cazandchris Subscriber

Local Time:
    11:49 PM
    Hi Tom
    I been trying to raise the CO2 level in my tank to destroy some persistent BBA and have a question re CO2 readings.
    I have a 40g tank with DIY inline external reactor running off a Eheim 2217 which seems to create pretty good water movement around the tank. I have been using an ADA drop checker(4 DKH). A second eheim is used to make good surface movement. Lights are on 10 hrs with CO2 on 2 hours before light on and off an hour before lights out with 2.5 w/g of light.
    In the morning the drop checker is a blueish green colour and at 3-4 bubbles/sec it is a nice light green a couple of hours after light are turned on.
    It seems that even if I start CO2 again in the morning 2 hours prior to light coming on the checker takes a while to change colour.
    Should the drop checker be the colour I want (namely a nice light green colour) when the lights come on?
    There appears to be some pearling after about an hour which seems good I think...
    I have been trying to beat this BBA by getting my conditions consistent and have not yet tried any Excel.I'm pretty sure my ferts are good and that this is a CO2 issue. BBA is only on crypts and Anubias. Faster growing plants are all growing well and BBA free.
    Many Thanks
    Chris

2. Gerryd

Gerryd Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    11:49 PM