This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Drop checker? Where to get or how to make?

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by adechazal, Jun 14, 2007.

1. adechazal

adechazal Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    5:17 PM
    I have searched this forum for the source of a "drop checker" but to no avail. Can someone tell me a bit about this piece of equipment (I know it measures CO2...)and where to get one? Thanks.

Aaron

2. Frolicsome_Flora

Frolicsome_Flora Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    lots and lots on ebay if all else fails :) not sure what country your in so i cant recommend a supplier, but Im sure someone else can if its in the States :)

if its the uk, aquaessentials is very good, but googling for it should give you certainly a few options. try also googling for 'red sea co2 test' if all else fails.

3. Professor Myers

Professor Myers Guru Class Expert

Local Time:

Irregardless of where you live they are easily purchased on ebay. I have had very good luck with both Aquaticmagic eBay: Chame Co2 Drop Checker - Live Aquarium plant fish tank (item 250129017441 end time Jun-18-07 15:22:12 PDT) and Toponebrian eBay: Co2 Drop Checker - (99%)Look Like Elos (item 250129969791 end time Jun-20-07 08:57:13 PDT) The only thing I might add is that I have a preference for the Aquaticmagic Chameleon over the newer tear drop types. I personally feel they respond or react quicker to Co2 variations (larger throat orifice and greater volume for air gap), but they are both quality products from reliable vendors. The smaller tear drop type checkers are more discreet. FYI. always add an extra week to shipping time from HK post. It may very well get there sooner, but you won't drive yourself nuts waiting for it. :eek: Been there ! Done That !!

Depending on the reagent supplied, 5 drops of plain old bromothymol blue (commom low range PH test reagent) Mixed with a 4 dkh reference solution should supply an adequate color rendition for all intents and purposes within appx. +/- .05 ppm. HTH. Prof M

4. adechazal

Local Time:
    Many thanks, I placed an order for the Chameleon.
    Aaron

5. Professor Myers

Local Time:

Bill sells both 4 dkh and 5 dkh reference solution at KH Standard You can mix your own but his is clean and accurate, and given the amount used in the drop checker it will last you forever and a day. HTH. Prof M

6. adechazal

Local Time:
    I just received my drop checker. The instructions say to add aquarium water to the bulb. I have been under the impression that distilled water is required, I'm confused. What type of water should I put in the drop checker in addition to the reagent?
    Aaron

7. Professor Myers

Local Time:
    Please see the post directly above this one. Notice the link for KH standard ? Prof M

8. 2wheelsx2

2wheelsx2 Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    That link above says shipping to be calculated at the end of the auction? I don't see where we can actually order it. Do we just email him?

9. Professor Myers

Local Time:
    That's an old auction link. Just look a little further for his ebay store on the same page. Here, like this ! eBay Store - AquaticMagic: Moss, Super Package Deals, Crystal Red Shrimp Neat huh ? :cool: Good Luck, Prof M

10. 2wheelsx2

Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Sorry I miscommunicated. I have two drop checkers already. I was asking about Bill's 4dKH solution.

11. Professor Myers

Local Time:
    Oh...Well... that is very differnet then, isn't it ? :p If you don't see what you need on this page KH Standard Just contact Bill directly W/the listed e-mail addy. He's very prompt. :cool:

12. adechazal

Local Time:
    Just send Bill an email at billionzz@aol.com letting him know you want the 4dkh solution. He'll send you an email telling you where to send your paypal payment.

I didn't know until this transaction that I could send paypal payments to an email address. Pretty cool.
    Aaron

13. 2wheelsx2

Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Cool. Thanks guys. I'll do that. 500 mL should last me the rest of my life. :D