driving too fast

Left C

Lifetime Members
Sep 26, 2005
Burlington, NC
I got pulled over for driving too fast the other day. I just about had the officer talked out of a ticket until she looked in the back seat and saw my dog. Check out his claw marks.

Last edited by a moderator:

justin.sterling.scott

Prolific Poster
Mar 17, 2010
Port Orchard, WA
Best in Show is great!

Speaking of getting pulled over...

I was driving the WA-16 home from my night job at The Olive Garden, aware a cop was behind me, passing a slower vehicle in the right lane without speeding. However, when I changed lanes I did it too quickly.

The cop pulls me over, tells me the problem, asks if I'm tired, asks for my license, comments that I'm speaking very softly, inquires as to whether or not that's my normal speaking volume, politely (charismatically, even) asks me to step out for field sobriety testing. I was in new shoes and it was gusting wind...

I did the pen back and forth; heel to toe while counting; breathalizer; open-mouth-stick-out-tongue; denied ever smoking pot; stand on one foot while counting to thirty; and a second pen test which ended with me being cross-eyed for about ten seconds before he said "Alright...get back in your car."

First time ever. I could have gone without.

Left C

Lifetime Members
Sep 26, 2005
Burlington, NC
barbarossa4122;48404 said:
Poor dog:) Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used to breed Standard Poodles in Connecticut, dog show quality. Btw, dog show people are a little nuts. Actually, is a good comedy about them called "Best in Show"(2000).
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0218839/
That's great!

This is my brother's site. He raises pomeranians. I meant to add this a long time ago and forgot to do it. Indiana Jones, the little dog on the front page won quite a few shows. He used to have 5 greenhouses with orchids that he sold too. He would hybridize them and send the to Belgium to get cloned and they shipped them back for him to raise. Pretty, but weird plants. This was called Lenette Greenhouses at the time.
http://lenettepoms.com/

Tug

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jan 5, 2009
Washington, DC
I thought a pomeranian was a cat.

2284019653_ee6fa365c8_o.jpg

barbarossa4122

Guru Class Expert
Dec 29, 2009
NYC
I had 2 Poms in the last 28 yrs. One died (Becks) and one is about 11 yrs old now but, she (LeeLee) lives with my ex in CT. I checked the site and I like it a lot. If I decide to get another Pom I'll call your brother for sure. First, I need to convince my wife not to get the Yorkie she wants.

Left C

Lifetime Members
Sep 26, 2005
Burlington, NC
Thanks. Those little fellows keep him and his wife busy.

I never really liked the little yappy fur balls, but he has been breeding and showing them for years. Give me a lab or a collie and I'm fine.

barbarossa4122

Guru Class Expert
Dec 29, 2009
NYC
Left C;50650 said:
Thanks. Those little fellows keep him and his wife busy.

I never really liked the little yappy fur balls, but he has been breeding and showing them for years. Give me a lab or a collie and I'm fine.

Lol. Yeah. they do yapp a lot. Anyway I have to compromise with my wife..........she'll get a Yorkie and I'll get a Pom. We use to sell the Poodles puppies for 3 to 5k a puupy and only if we liked the buyer and made sure the buyer will take care of them the right way. Very strict, like adopting a baby.

Left C

Lifetime Members
Sep 26, 2005
Burlington, NC
That's a lot of doe for a diggy. Not me. Give me a $5 to $50 puppy and I'm good to go.

The little Pom, Indiana Jones, on my brother's site. You would not believe how much that he was offered for that dog. This dog finished in 2nd place at Westminster. I was at his house for Thanksgiving. The phone was ringing off of the hook from people from Japan, China, England, Argentina, US, etc wanting that little dog. My brother said that two people had sent him blank checks and for him to fill the amount.

Here's where the story takes a twist. My brother was waiting for the best deal. He had been offered over $200M he told me. The little dog's hair started falling out. He took him to the vet where they tried Rogain for dogs. Nothing worked. In the mean time some tests were done. The dog was bald except for his head and the tip of his tail by this time. It was determined that the dog had a genetic problem. My brother couldn't sell him and he couldn't breed him. Now the little bald dog is my brother's little buddy. They do just about everything together. My brother hasn't had a dog for a pet in a long time, so it's somewhat new to him. His brother-in-law said that Indy went from the penthouse to the outhouse really quick.

barbarossa4122

Guru Class Expert
Dec 29, 2009
NYC
We also got ppl from all over the world coming to see and buy our puppies. I think your brother is happy to have Indiana Jones and he's happy he did not sell him. Btw, I will go visit the dogs this weekend:)