This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Double Check My Diy Fert Mix Please - First Timer

Discussion in 'Aquatic Plant Fertilization' started by thelordofthefish, Oct 10, 2018 at 6:02 PM.

1. thelordofthefish

thelordofthefish Subscriber

Local Time:
    5:47 PM
    I'm dosing the burr mix in a 55 gallon (45 gallon used for royals butterfly calculator).

Micros:

15ml dosing 3x day

Fe - .15 ppm. 6.55 grams

Mn - .06 ppm. 1.05 grams

B - .03 ppm (H3B03). 974 milligrams

Zn - .042 ppm. 1.05 grams

Mo - .0015 ppm (NA2Moo4) 22 milligrams

Cu - .002 ppm. 45 milligrams

Ni - .0005 ppm 13 milligrams

Macros 3x week:

KNO03: 69.44 grams for 7.5ppm
    K2SO4 94.9 grams for 7.5ppm K
    KH2PO4 13.54 grams for 7.5ppm K

Am I on the right track here? This is also a brand new ADA heavy tank, heavily planted with CO2, 5h light, few days into week one. RO water remineralized with nilocg GH booster and Baking soda. PH 6.5. Any help welcome! Don't want to mess this up from the start:D

2. Greggz

Greggz Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    You need to state the container size for micros for anyone to check the math.

Macros all to be 7.5ppm is a little unusual. Don't know what your thoughts or what you have in mind?

In most case, those ratios are not linear 1:1.

3. thelordofthefish

thelordofthefish Subscriber

Local Time:
    My bad, of course. 500ml. I posted this on planted tank as well and burr already replied, but I plan to dose 15ml 3x a day from a 500ml bottle and the below numbers ( xx grams) are how much I plan to put into the bottle to mix with RO water.