This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

dosing dry fertilizer

Discussion in 'Advanced Strategies and Fertilization' started by Patrice, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Patrice

Patrice Guru Class Expert

in the non CO2 methode,it's said:

While trace mixes can be added, I decided to use SeaChem Equlibrium instead.
    It has Fe and Mn as well as Ca/K/Mg/SO4.
    I will add about 1/4 teaspoon per 20 gal tank once every week or two.
    This greatly enhances the growth of the plants.
    I also will add about 1/8" and 1/32" teaspoon of KNO3 and KH2PO4 respectively once a week or two.

Do I understain that you add try fertilizer direcly to the tank? I usualy make a solution that I add to the tank but if you tell me that it work as well when you add it dry direcly to the tank, I go the easy way.

also, how mutch (in g.) would be 1/8" and 1/32" teaspoon?

thx

2. VaughnH

VaughnH Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Re: dosing dry fertilizer

From Chuck Gadd's great website: http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_plant_dosage_calc.htm

Compound ------------One tsp
    Potassium Sulfate------6g (estimated)
    Potassium Nitrate--------5.6g
    Potassium Chloride-------6g
    Magnesium Sulfate-------5.4g
    KH2PO4-------------------4.8g

3. Patrice

Patrice Guru Class Expert

Re: dosing dry fertilizer

Great!!! thx ;)