This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dosing Critique and Feedback

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by digiSalero, Jul 6, 2008.

1. digiSalero

digiSalero Junior Poster

Hi Everyone, I just wanted to get some feedback and suggestions on my setup. Here are the details.

Here are the tank specs:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SIZE: 28 US gal. Bowfront. 19" (W) x 24" (H) x 12" (D)

LIGHTING: 2x65W CF 6500K, although I only use 1 of the bulbs for now run 10 hours/day. 2.3W/gal.

CO2: Pressurized. I'm kind of winging it right now. I haven't invested in a drop checker yet. I'm using an ADA 30mm beetle ceramic diffuser andan ADA basic bubble counter. I'm getting about 168 bpm. I don't know if it's too much or too little but I'm closely monitoring my fish, plants, and algae. I have the system on a timer. I have it come on 1 hr. before the lights come on and off 30 min. before the lights turn off.

FILTER: Eheim ECCO 2232

SUBSTRATE: Combination of Eco-Complete and ADA Aquasoil Powder

MISC: Powerhead that sits above the CO2 forcing water down onto the front of the tank. The idea being that the CO2 will be circulated with the water down to the lower tank area. 160W heater maintaining about 80 deg. F.

DOSE: EI

Saturday, Monday, Wednesday
    1/4tsp NO3
    1/16 tsp KH2PO4
    1/16 tsp K2SO4

Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday
    10mL Flourish Trace (Recommended Dosage)

Everyday
    5 mL Excel

Friday
    50% water change + 15mL Excel
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I apologize for the glare and reflections.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Generals

Generals Prolific Poster

hi,
    just like to ask.. im a newbie...
    what are those two cylindrical looking bowls afloat on the tank?

3. digiSalero

digiSalero Junior Poster

The bowls are are for growing forground plants emersed. I just learned of a new technique for growing HC emersed and I'm attempting to do it in the bowls. Check the forum on growing HC emersed and you'll know what I'm talking about.