KNO3....1/32 tsp
KH2PO4.... 1/64 tsp
K2SO4.... 1/64 tsp
MgSO4.... 1/32 tsp

CSM+B.... 1/32 tsp

specs:

27w fluorescent (hampton bay light)
eco-complete
Flourish excel for CO2 ( how much should I dose?)

Flora:
HC
Micro sword
crypts

Some pics:

DSC04394.jpg

DSC04395.jpg

thanks

Philosophos

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Mar 12, 2009
Mix your self up some liquid ferts; It offers more standardized dosing. Be sure to add a little excel or HCL to the CSM+B though.

-Philosophos

Biollante

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2009
Surprise, AZ
Batches?

Hi,

How are the Tiger Lotus’ doing?:eek:

I would double the KNO3 and MgSO4. Particularly the Micro sword will likely want more iron (CSM+B) when it gets moving along.
For macros:
• KNO3 ………..1/16 teaspoon
• KH2PO4……..1/64 teaspoon
• K2SO4…………1/32 teaspoon
• MgSO4………..1/16 teaspoon

For trace:
• CSM+B……….1/32 teaspoon
At each big water change I would use about 2 ml of Excel then something less then I ml, like .5 -.75 ml with the CSM+B, you end up dosing Excel four rather than three times a week. This works only as long as you are doing 50% water changes each week.

As long as you are doing weekly 50 % water changes, I don’t think you have much to fear from overdosing. With a 5 gallon tank anything seems wonky a big water change ought not to be that big of a deal.

As Philosophos says, mix up batches at a time.

If this tank is in the same location, it is easy enough to mix up batches and dose both tanks. I can’t remember if you were using Excel with the 29 gallon tank.

Either way I’ll be happy to help with calculating batches. I make mine up a month (actually 4 weeks) so I’m always dosing 1 ml per gallon.;)

Biollante

Biollante

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2009
Surprise, AZ
IronMaiden, Baggy, Oh Please

Substrate depth might be a little thin but doesn’t look to bad.:)

You know he is gonna ‘claim’ plants came in the baggy, but we know the lights, the fertz all have ‘other’ growing purposes… well, for medicinal purposes only, of course.:D

Biollante