This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Does Purigen make problems with EI

Discussion in 'Advanced Strategies and Fertilization' started by LiamLiffey, Jul 24, 2008.

1. LiamLiffey

LiamLiffey Junior Poster

Local Time:
    1:10 AM
    Hi folks,
    i was wondering if seachems purigen is making problems while using EI? AFAIK purigen has also an affect on Nitrat and Phosphat. Any experiences? I just like the polished look of my water and want to use both.

Cheers
    Axel

2. Henry Hatch

Henry Hatch Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    1:10 AM
    I don't think Seachem purigen should cause any significant problem with "nutrient stripping" Maybe in a non co2 tank if you added a lot for a long time there might be some impact. I don't know about the other product. There has been a lot of of debate over the use of products like activated carbon and related products, but not much empirical testing that I've seen. If you're using EI and doing the suggested 50% weekly water changes, I'm not sure why you would need it. I use purigen once in a while for specific reasons, but not on a continuous basis.

Henry