This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

Does CO2 really reach equilibrium state with a particular rate?

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by PeterGwee, Aug 27, 2005.

1. PeterGwee

PeterGwee Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

I was wondering if it is true that CO2 will stabilize at a particular level for a certain rate say a bubble per 2 seconds (say 30ppm) after sometime and does not keep rising? Its sort of like input (CO2) = uptake via (plants & degassing from surface movement) I guess.

Regards
    Peter Gwee

2. Spar

Spar Guru Class Expert

Re: Does CO2 really reach equilibrium state with a particular rate?

we may be on a different page here... but,

I can not get my co2 above 50ppm. I think this is due to having an open top Paludarium. If I up the bps any further, the excess co2 just bubbles out. So there is a max for me.

I think if you have a closed-top full tank and a good reactor, you could pump in unlimited amounts of co2.

3. PeterGwee

PeterGwee Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Well, what I meant was a say a fixed bubble rate. Does the CO2 level keep rising or does it plateau off at some point? What I heard was that it does plateau off but would like more views and practical experiences from you folks.

Regards
    Peter Gwee

4. weaverr3

weaverr3 Junior Poster

Well there is definately a saturation point with any gas, or any dissolved solid for that matter. So yes, at a constant input that is high enough (depending on you diffusion method I suppose), you should reach a maximum concentration at some point.