This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone know some good pH meter connecting to PC?

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by Marcel G, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Marcel G

Marcel G Banned

Local Time:
    4:47 AM
    I'm looking for some good (cheap) pH meter which could be connected to PC, or which can save its measurements to memory in set intervals. Please, do you have some tips? I want to measure (log) pH in my aquarium each hour for a couple of days ... to see how the pH changes during the day and night (with or without CO2 supply ...).

So far I have found "Hanna pH Turtle" (HI-9815) for about $100, but it seems that this product ended/finished [confirmed: the company no longer sells this product]. The next pH monitoring stuff I have found is "Seneye Home" or "Seneye Reef" for about $130 (but for this device to work you need to suply some "slides" => 1 slide for 1 month operation).

Thanks for your tips.

#1 Marcel G, Mar 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2013
  2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    I do not know if you are going to beat those price ranges really.

3. Marcel G

Marcel G Banned

Local Time:
    Tom, and what do you think? Are these products good (reliable)? Or should I invest more money into some better products? I have found "Extech SDL 100" also, but the price is 3x higher ($325). As I said already, I want to log pH changes in my tanks during the whole day/night period (24h).

4. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    Extech is nice because they integrate well with software and have many other products etc.
    Cost wise, for new equipment, they are very reasonable.
    Fairly well designed equipment and quality at a cheap price.

http://www.tequipment.net/Extech341350.asp

5. Marcel G

Marcel G Banned

Local Time:
    Thank you, Tom!
    I think I'll be better to go after the "Extech SDL 100" (because Extech 341350 doesn't have any logger => cannot save data into memory or SD card).