Digital pH testers

happychem

Junior Poster
Jan 26, 2005
Re: Digital pH testers

I've got the Heppa brand one from National Industrial Supplies. It reproduces indicator results and holds its calibration well, as long as it's rinsed with DI or otherwise 'clean' water (not tap).

The best way to use them is to take a water sample out of the tank and test it away from electrical equiptment like lights which throw it off.

Paul

Guru Class Expert
Jan 24, 2005
Droitwich, UK

I bought a Hanna 98103 Checker 1 I dont use it now as it seems to need calibrating constantly and apparently is only accurate to 0.2 - couldnt see the advantage of it

[email protected]

Prolific Poster
Apr 24, 2005
Vermont

happychem said:
I've got the Heppa brand one from National Industrial Supplies. It reproduces indicator results and holds its calibration well, as long as it's rinsed with DI or otherwise 'clean' water (not tap).

The best way to use them is to take a water sample out of the tank and test it away from electrical equiptment like lights which throw it off.

Would it work if you just shut the power off for a minute? Or do you have to do a sample regardless? It would nice to be able to just dip and get results.

Thanks, Bill

AV8TOR

Junior Poster
Jan 23, 2005
Ohio

I am using this pH 53 meter from Milwaukee and could not be happier. Took a little while to get down the calibration because the instructions I found vague but now it is a breeze. 0.02 +- accuracy.

Bill

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2005
Houston, Tx.

I have the Hanna pHep5 and it works great, the accuracy is +-.01. It holds it's calibration well and you just rinse it in tap water and store in the 4.0 calib solution.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=9848&inm=1&N=2004+113074+113565

I've used more expensive ones at work and I can't say that they work any better. I would never switch back to a test kit, it's way to time consuming and a lot less accurate.

If you end up buying one don't forget the calibration solution. I like the disposable ones in packets so you don't have to worry about them getting contaminated.

Bill

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005

Anything that uses a decent probe will do well.

Regards,
Tom Barr