This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Didiplis Diandre

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by shane, May 16, 2008.

1. shane

shane Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    11:34 AM
    I have noticed that my didiplis diandre has yellowish leaves on the highest leaves and greenish leaves on the lower leaves.

Any significance to this?

2. mlfishman

mlfishman Junior Poster

Local Time:
    that is a good thing. Healthy DD will usually turn yellow then red on the tops closest to the light.

3. travis

travis Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Is this newly planted D. diandra? I've found that most nurseries/retailers will ship D. diandra that has been grown in emergent form, which usually has much darker green, and somewhat broader, more succulent leaves than you will see it produce in submersed form. There is an almost immediate change in the color of new leaf growth once it is placed in your tank. And just like mlfishman says, this is a good thing :)