This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

Details on the internal reactor

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by ctyank, Mar 1, 2007.

1. ctyank

ctyank Junior Poster

Tom,
    When I connect the pump to the main chamber, that is supposed to be a tight fit right? I would think I would want to avoid big escaping burps of gas through the top. Same thing for the rigid 3/16"CO2 input tube.

Also, I am confused about why the misting begins a few hours into the day. Is that because by then the gas bubble has expanded downward and reached the venturi loop tube?

Thanks! - Chris

2. VaughnH

VaughnH Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

My reactor rarely builds up a real bubble of gas in it. Instead it swirls a mix of various size bubbles around the axis of the tube. When bubbles stray from the middle they are sucked up by the venturi loop and go thru the powerhead. Right now I don't have the venturi loop connected, and I still get CO2 mist out the bottom of the unit.

3. ctyank

ctyank Junior Poster

Well, I cranked the CO2 up yesterday and experienced what you described. I don't think I really understand the loop... but the effects (misting and pearling) were dramatic.

4. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator Social Group Admin

The loop just allows you to level the bubble inside and waste the extra gas sort of, but also send the excess out as mist to help fertilize the plants more.

More surface area due to smaller bubbles= better dissolving.

Regards,
    Tom Barr