Design help

Gunz05Gunz

Junior Poster
Dec 18, 2008
Hello all,

What would you guys suggest for finishing off this scape. It will look decent when it fills in, but there will be a definate separation from left to right. I was thinking some thin driftwood pieces coming from the left side, and maybe some crypt wenditi in the back middle. I like the right side, and will get some more foreground plants (samolus), but am just stuck on finishing it off. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Flickr Photo Download: 2009/02/25

ccLansman

Guru Class Expert
Jan 22, 2008
Vista, Ca
Agreed, unless you want to frame them with hc or glosso they will be hidden by the plants. I would turn the smaller piece of wood on the right around, the one that’s sort of leaning on the bigger piece. Or maneuver it so that it at least sticks out a bit, that way when the plants grow in it looks more natural. Also the plant load is relatively low; i would stick with med-low light until they grow in a bit more, if not your sure to have an algae outbreak.

Gunz05Gunz

Junior Poster
Dec 18, 2008
The rocks in the middle left area should still be visible. The forground plants grow to 6cm only, I'm not too concerned how visible they are. The driftwood on the right is a solid piece. I'm debating puting in a rug of hc in and around the front. I'm going to be going to the LFS this sunday to finish off the planting, and am not 100% on how to vac with a carpet in there.

As for the light, its only at 54w right now, I'm bumping it up on monday.

Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated.

Gerryd

Plant Guru Team
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2007
South Florida
Hi,

How about placing the koralia BEHIND the plants in the back left corner?

If they grow well it will soon be very thick and hide it nicely. Just have to watch it doesn't block the flow as the plants should grow quickly............

Just a thought..

Looks nice. good luck.

Gunz05Gunz

Junior Poster
Dec 18, 2008
I think I may do that. The plants should be growing very quickly soon. I'll post more pics when it grows in and actually looks half decent.

Thanks for the input.