This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

Derformed new leaves even with supplimentation

Discussion in 'Aquatic Plant Fertilization' started by Rahul Jawahar, Mar 25, 2017.

1. fablau

fablau rotalabutterfly.com
    Staff Member Moderator

If you could show a closeup of such pinholes, that'll help to understand what could be the cause of them.

Keep us posted!

2. Rahul Jawahar

Rahul Jawahar Subscriber

Strangely i cant find them. i removed most of affected part during last trim. Its not in any of stems. Will update if i find them again

3. fablau

fablau rotalabutterfly.com
    Staff Member Moderator

That's good! Please, keep us posted.

4. Rahul Jawahar

Rahul Jawahar Subscriber

@fablau those pinholes are back
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Pikez

Pikez Rotala Killer!
    Staff Member Moderator

Overall, the plants look good. Minor nutrient imbalance, but if you can get Ammannia gracilis and Ludwigia glandulosa to look like that, you're ahead of most. The color on Ammannia suggests rich macros. Unless the pinholes are keeping you up at night, I'd move on and enjoy the tank.

6. Rahul Jawahar

Rahul Jawahar Subscriber

@Pikez I removed gracillis from my tank 1 month back. It remained stunted. The plant in 1st pic i received as nesea sp red( it might be crassicaulis), the plant in 2nd pic i bought as ammania senegelensis.

7. Pikez

Pikez Rotala Killer!
    Staff Member Moderator

A. senegalensis is slightly more difficult than gracilis or crassicaulis.

Nesea sp. Red is typically reserved for A. praetermissa, which is not what you have. And be glad.

Rahul Jawahar likes this.
  8. Rahul Jawahar

Rahul Jawahar Subscriber

why Persicaria "sao Paolo" having deformed leaves? All other plants are growing fine.
    IMG_20170712_214130.jpg

Attached Files: