This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

decreasing needle valve sensitivity by lower low pressure output, do i have it right

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by Ach1Ll3sH33L, May 4, 2013.

1. Ach1Ll3sH33L

Ach1Ll3sH33L Junior Poster

Local Time:
    5:16 PM
    So i was playing with my regulator last night, I inject co2 straight into a sump pump, so i dont need high pressure for a diffuser, and i found as i lowered the output pressure, it reduced the sensitivy of the needle valve so i could adjust co2 in smaller increments it seems. Is there any downside to running lower pressure like this? My only thought is maybe this creates some fluctuation as the pressure is lower, any thoughts on this?

2. oldpunk

oldpunk Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    5:16 PM
    With a single stage regulator, running a low working pressure will result in more psi rise when the tank runs out. That's about it though.