This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

Darn BBA

Discussion in 'Algae Control' started by brad, Oct 14, 2005.

1. brad

brad Prolific Poster

O.K. so when my co2 ran out, I got a good heavy load of BBA, GSA, and thread algae, and fuzz algae all at once. The fuzz doesn`t bother me too much. It`s under control to the point you have to look for it to find it. The GSA is gone. The thread algae persists but only in the java moss. My plan is to remove the affected parts of the java and increase the shrimp population.

The problem is the darn BBA. I trimmed it right back. Threw out some of the anubias. Cranked my co2. By 7 o`clock, my angels are gasping at the surface. they`re gonna stay that way too darn them. However, the BBA continues. Co2 turns on 1 hour before the lights come on, and goes off at the same time as the lights. I admit, It`s much much slower, but still faster at taking over anubia leaves than the anubia is at replacing them. I`m considering using Flourish Excel to help but don`t want to keep using it.

I know it`s co2. I`ve read it 100 times. Co2 co2 co2. But how? :confused:

2. PeterGwee

PeterGwee Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Re: Darn BBA

Have a bit of surface current (just good movement and not alot) to go along with the increment of CO2 (do this slowly though).

Regards
    Peter Gwee

3. brad

brad Prolific Poster

Re: Darn BBA

I have an aquaclear HOB filter. There's plenty of surface movement.