This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Daily dosing with dosing pumps?

Discussion in 'Estimative Index' started by Jason King, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Jason King

Jason King barrreport.com
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    8:00 AM
    I'm thinking in the future about setting up some dosing pumps to dose micro, macro and liquid carb into my 180L tank, does any one use this method?

2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    8:00 AM
    Yes, the Excel is the make up "water", I think EC is 10% glut, Excel is 1.5%. You can get your dose based on the timer/dosing pump flow rates however you wish though.

Say you make enough solution for 4 weeks.

You want to dose say 2000 mls over that time frame. Or 500 mls a week, or about 70 mls a day.

So estimate what you want for that dose for the Glut. Note, you have 2 solutions, so divide that by 2.

Next, dissolve the Macro or Traces into each.

Target what you want there.

This works for lazier folks and for clients etc. I do not think it saves you much if you are attentive to the tank.

Most feed fish daily anyhow, plants are not much more work really.