Cypress knee hardscapes for a 40 Breeder

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
Someone wanted one and wanted me to put them together for them similar to some of the ADA scapes that used rock/chinese stone.
I did one of these for Gerry as well.

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
jerrybforl;123181 said:
Where do you get your knees from Tom? They are very cool!

Quite a few places sell them in Florida.

Gerryd

Plant Guru Team
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2007
South Florida
Hey all,

Yep, my 75 gal is the knee scape. My knees are more numerous on both sides. Funny thing is that Tom used one slate per grouping at first. We tried putting it in the tank full of water, and it floated like a cork lol Tom and I just looked at each other and were like 'we need another slate'.. even with two per grouping I had to weigh them both down with other rocks for quite some time.

I still have a full box of knees left over as a matter of fact. Really nice ones too. Tom made sure he had enough for my scape and then some...

This is in my bedroom and I really like this scape. Very serene and dark as I use mostly ferns....

Later

- - - Updated - - -

Hey all,

Yep, my 75 gal is the knee scape. My knees are more numerous on both sides. Funny thing is that Tom used one slate per grouping at first. We tried putting it in the tank full of water, and it floated like a cork lol Tom and I just looked at each other and were like 'we need another slate'.. even with two per grouping I had to weigh them both down with other rocks for quite some time.

I still have a full box of knees left over as a matter of fact. Really nice ones too. Tom made sure he had enough for my scape and then some...

This is in my bedroom and I really like this scape. Very serene and dark as I use mostly ferns....

Later

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
More knees= taller knees= more buoyancy.
So less knees or more spread out= better hold down/sinking.

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
More knees= taller knees= more buoyancy.
So less knees or more spread out= better hold down/sinking.